The Secret To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Lee County Yard
June 15, 2022 - Mosquitoes
When mosquitoes are invading your Lee County yard, you are likely wondering what the best way to control mosquitoes is. Luckily, you can reach out to Lee County pest control to learn how to keep mosquitoes away from your property for good.
What Are Mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes are common flying insects well-known for their tendency to bite humans and feed off of blood. They have long, oval-shaped bodies, a grey to brown coloration with white, green, or grey markings, and lay their eggs in standing water. Only female mosquitoes bite humans or mammals to use the nutrients from the blood to develop their eggs, but this bite can be more than an itchy nuisance – it can pass diseases along.
Mosquito invasions in your yard can be challenging to get rid of due to their small size and prolific nature, which is why Lee County pest control assistance is necessary.
The Dangerous Diseases Mosquitoes Are Known To Spread
In addition to being a nuisance with their itchy bites, mosquitoes can spread several significant illnesses to you or your loved ones. Not every mosquito will carry disease, but the more mosquitoes (and bites) that you encounter, the more likely you will pick up one of these illnesses.
The diseases you can get from mosquitoes include:
- Zika virus
- West Nile virus
- Yellow Fever
- Chikungunya virus
It is essential to be aware that any of these diseases can have serious, and sometimes fatal consequences if you do not receive proper medical attention for them.
Five Eco-Friendly Mosquito Prevention Tips For Around Your Yard
Implementing prevention tactics is one of the best natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes. Follow these tips below to keep your yard protected from this pest:
- Remove areas of standing water around your yard. Be thorough as it only takes an inch of water from this pest to lay their eggs. Also, ensure that gutters are clear and your yard has proper drainage.
- Change the water in birdbaths and water features frequently. You may also want to treat the water to stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in it.
- Trim back overhanging branches overgrown shrubs, and keep your grass cut low otherwise, these areas are shady and sheltered, just what mosquitoes love. Also, remove debris like leaf litter and branches from around your yard.
- Utilize the help of plants to repel mosquitoes by placing marigolds, citronella, lemongrass, lavender, and basil around your property. The aroma will deter mosquitoes from stopping.
- Prevent mosquitoes from getting inside your home and feeding on humans or animals by keeping exterior doors and windows closed as often as possible and investing in sturdy window and door screens.
The Most Effective Mosquito Control For Lee County Yards
The best thing to get rid of mosquitoes in Lee County yards is to invest in the help of the professionals at A Bug's Life Pest Management. Our experts will be able to provide your yard with thorough inspections and identify major mosquito problem areas. Then, with this specific information about your property, the specialists at A Bug's Life Pest Management will put into place tailored mosquito treatment solutions that eliminate any infestation of this pest.
Trust our professionals and contact A Bug's Life Pest Management for more mosquito control advice and assistance today.