How To Deal With Rodent Infestations The Humane Way In Lee County
August 15, 2022 - Rodents
Rodents in a house make most people jump up on a stool and shout: "get it out of here." These furry little creatures may be fun to watch in their natural habitat, but we want them out when they invade our homes.
If you have rodents in your home or if they are destroying your property, you need the Lee County pest control team of A Bug's Life Pest Management. Our trained professionals will remove the rodents from your home and property so you can enjoy your corner of the world.
Rodent Exclusion Techniques
Rodents may be cute to watch, but we don't want to see them running through our homes or listen to them scratching in the crawlspace or walls. Therefore, it is imperative to take the following actions to exclude rodents from entering the house:
- Seal Openings: You can keep rodents from entering by closing access points with steel mesh, expanding foam, and aluminum.
- Replace Screens: Rodents can enter through holes in screen doors and open windows.
- Trim Branches: Squirrels can access homes by jumping from nearby tree branches to the roof.
- Seal Pipes: Rats and mice will squeeze through the gap where pipes and wires enter the house.
Rodents can enter your home from the basement to the attic. Taking preventative steps to avoid an invasion will keep your family safe from disease and allow you to relax in your home.
How To Bait Rodents Out Of Your Walls
No one likes to wake up at night to the sound of clawing in the walls. If you have rodents in the walls, extracting them can be tricky. The following are ways to bait rodents in walls:
- Identify The Types Of Rodents: Knowing the kind of rodent affects the trap size and the bait used to catch it.
- Place Trap With Food Near The Location: For small rodents like mice, rats, and squirrels, place the snare near the infested area, and when the rodent enters, the door closes and traps it. Take the rodent a few miles from the house and release it into the wild.
To get rid of rodents in the walls requires a combination of food, traps, and time. The pest may not respond immediately to the temptation, but eventually, it will.
Deterring Rodents From A Particular Area In Your Home
If there is an area that has been a problem in the past, you need to examine the perimeter. Start with the exterior and look for gaps, holes, and openings in the foundation, crawlspace vents, pipes, door sweeps, soffits, and eaves. Pay attention to the proximity of nearby tree branches to the roof and trim the shrubbery near the home.
Inside the home, inspect for holes, cracks, and openings in the walls, screens, window sills, ceiling, and between the floor and baseboards. To keep out rodents in the attic, inspect the vents, roof, and chimney for holes, cracks, and openings.
Rodents in Florida are attracted to homes for food and shelter. Be sure to keep the house clean by regularly vacuuming, wiping down surfaces, and disposing of clutter. Keep food in the home sealed in air-tight containers and remove remaining pet food from the bowls before bedtime. Maintain a clean environment in the attic and basement areas by eliminating cardboard and paper clutter.
Humane Rodent Infestation Treatments In Lee County
Although we don't want rodents in our homes, we don't want the removal of them to be inhumane. Our experts at A Bug's Life Pest Management will use humane treatments to remove rodents from your home. Contact us, and we will resolve your rodent problem so you can enjoy a peaceful home.